Image by/from Pierre Terre
Worthy Park Home is a sizable country house at Nobleman Worthy near Winchester. It’s a Grade II* listed building.
The initial house on the website was built by William Evelyn in 1722. You purchased it , by Mister Chaloner Ogle, first Baronet in 1773. Mister Charles Ogle, second Baronet inherited the home in 1816 and commissioned Mister Robert Smirke to destroy free airline wing and change it with a brand new building, built-in the Georgian style, that was finished in 1820.
The home was acquired by Samuel Wall, a banker, in 1825 and continued to be within the Wall family until it passed to Captain C. G. Fryer within the late 1870s. After that it continued to be within the Fryer family passing to Colonel James Butchart, a grand son of Captain Fryer, within the first 1 / 2 of the twentieth century. During world war ii it had been absorbed through the British Army. Following the war it offered like a training center owned first by Currys after which by National Express. The home grew to become Prince’s Mead School in 1999.
Coordinates: 51°05′36″N 1°17′07″W / 51.09341°N 1.28521°W / 51.09341 -1.28521