Image by/from See above.
Sleepy Hollow Country Club is really a historic country club in Scarborough-on-Hudson in Briarcliff Manor, New You are able to. The club began in 1911, and it is clubhouse was referred to as Woodlea, a 140-room Vanderbilt mansion of Colonel Elliott Fitch Shepard and the wife Margaret Louisa Vanderbilt Shepard. It had been built-in 1892-95 for around $2 million ($56.9 million in 2019) and it was created by the architectural firm McKim, Mead & White-colored the estate grew to become a adding property towards the Scarborough Historic District (around the National Register of Historic Places) back in 1984.
Woodlea’s exterior was created within an Italian Renaissance Revival style, incorporating Beaux-Arts details. The building’s facades are comprised mainly of buff-colored Italian brick. The south and west facades are symmetrical, however the overall plan of the home isn’t. The house’s west facade may be the longest and many ornate, and it has a look at the Hudson River from the west-facing home windows and adjoining terrace. The primary entrance is around the building’s south, directly contacted in the south drive. The inside also offers significant features, including marble fireplaces, coffered ceilings, and extensive created wood and plaster detail. The home has between 65,000 and 70,000 square ft (6,039 and 6,503 m2) of usable interior space, which makes it among the largest independently owned houses within the U . s . States.
The club presently has 338 acres (.5 sq mi) along with a 27-hole course with tree-limb footbridges. Facilities range from the primary clubhouse, a swimming pool complex, ten Har-Tru tennis courts, four aluminum heated platform tennis courts, four squash courts, 18 guest rooms, skeet and trap areas, a 45-horse boarding facility, twenty paddocks, a sizable indoor riding arena, pro shops for golf and paddle sports, an exercise complex, the course and exercise range (non-adding), outside riding rings, stables, along with a carriage house. Youth activities include golf, tennis, squash and riding. The clubhouse has three dining rooms, and altogether the club holds 400 visitors. The club presently has 570 people, along with a staff composed of 60 year-round employees and 200 throughout the height of year. The stables possess a tack room, fifty stalls, and 2 indoor arenas, plus they host the Sleepy Hollow Stable and Riding Academy. The club’s gross revenue is $12 million from it, $2.5 million comes from food and beverage sales. The club property surrounds Saint Mary’s Episcopal Church on three sides and slopes upwards east from U.S. Route 9. The clubhouse, that is open through every season of the season, sits on the wide central plateau. Notable early people incorporated George G. Haven, V. Everit Macy, George W. Perkins, Moses Taylor, Oakleigh Thorne, and Frank Vanderlip(pp59-60) notable current people include Bill Murray, James Patterson, and many people from the Rockefeller family.
Sleepy Hollow Country Club, founded in 1911, predates the 1996 renaming from the neighboring village of North Tarrytown to Sleepy Hollow. The club is known as after its location within the river valley from the Pocantico River, a river that was once known as Slapershaven (“sleepers’ harbor” in Nederlander) the Nederlander name later increased to use towards the valley. Today, like a geographic term, “Sleepy Hollow” refers simply to the incorporated village.(p316)
Sleepy Hollow’s clubhouse used to be a personal residence named Woodlea. The mansion retained the an old house of J. Butler Wright (boy of Benjamin Wright), who resided there and known as it Woodlea it dates close to 1806. Wright’s Victorian house, of colored brick with porches along with a high tower on a single finish,(p158) was later renamed the Rental property.(p161) The present property was initially comprised of various farms. Colonel Elliott Fitch Shepard found the Briarcliff area in early 1890s,(p158) and getting purchased the home and it is 500-acre (.8 sq mi) property, purchased construction from the existing house and enhancements towards the grounds. Construction around the mansion started in 1892, also it was finished in 1895.(p153) In 1892 Shepard purchased the making of Scarborough’s first pier (presently Scarborough Park) to permit construction materials to become shipped to his property. Shepard died in 1893, departing his wife Margaret to supervise the conclusion of Woodlea.(pp159-60) After his dying, Margaret resided there only during spring and fall,(p165) with more uncommon journeys as time continued. In November 1896, Maria Louisa Kissam (Margaret’s mother and widow of William Henry Vanderbilt) died in the home. Maria’s sister and Margaret known as for any Scarborough physician who had been not able to help her.
On September 11, 1906, New You are able to businessman Archibald S. White-colored purchased the then-250-acre (100 ha) property from Mrs. Shepard for between $1 and 1.5 million. He got it like a gift for his wife Olive Celeste Moore White-colored together they resided around the property. The home and property’s worth at that time was believed between $4 and six million, also it was frequently stated that it is proprietors did not know how much cash have been spent constructing and increasing the estate. Around 1910, Frank Vanderlip and William Rockefeller purchased the estate. Vanderlip considered it as being too large of the bargain to pass through up – it had been offered for just $165,000 ($4,527,500 in 2019). Narcissa Vanderlip thought the home too big and grand to reside in, so the Vanderlip family continued to be within their nearby property of Beechwood.(p160)
The 2 men put together a board of company directors to create a country club, including future Titanic victim John Jacob Astor IV, coal baron Edward Julius Berwind, cotillion leaders Elisha Dyer and Lispenard Stewart, and sportsmen W. Averell Harriman, Cornelius Vanderbilt III, and Harrison A. Johnson.(p160)[nb 1] The nation club was incorporated on May 11, 1911, with 600 people. The directors’ first meeting required place at Vanderlip’s office at 55 Wall St., the nation’s City Bank Building (Vanderlip was obama from the bank at that time). Initiation and yearly dues were each $100 ($2,700 in 2019). For that first couple of years, the club rented Woodlea for $25,000 ($686,000 in 2019) annually, as well as in 1912 the club purchased the home from Vanderlip and Rockefeller for $350,000 ($9,272,600 in 2019). The club then built the course in close harmony towards the existing lawns, as well as built an outside garden theater with clipped cedars along with a 16th-century Italian portal. The club wound up having to pay $310,000 for that land and house, and spent another $100,000 on enhancements. The club spent 4 years, beginning in 1910, rearranging the house’s kitchen, pantries, and repair wing to accommodate and serve more and more people, as well as in renovating among the stables right into a garage. The club also built more tennis courts along with a toboggan slide to be used during the cold months.(p61) The causes and Italian garden have been created by the sons of Ernest Law Olmsted from 1895 to 1901,(p160) including lengthy stretches of lawns(p36) and taking advantage of American and foreign trees the club had Charles B. Macdonald and Seth Raynor design the very first course in 1911, along with a. W. Tillinghast designed an update in 1935, been successful by Gil Hanse’s redesign from 18 to 27 holes around 2008.(p79)
In 1916, course architect Devereux Emmet and the boy Devereux Emmet Junior. won the daddy-boy tournament at Sleepy Hollow Country Club. This motivated the U . s . States Golf Association to institute the “architects rule” that barred course architects from competing as amateurs in tournaments.
In 1917 the club had 1,000 people, and it is president was Frank Vanderlip. In June of this year, William Rockefeller purchased 387 acres (.6 sq mi) for that club, getting its place to 480 acres (.8 sq mi) (the home was initially offered with simply 93 acres (.1 sq mi)). Rockefeller spent $600,000 ($11,973,500 in 2019), which makes it the biggest single property transaction within the county. The purchases permitted for the making of about 40 houses around the club property. New facilities were built-in the 1920s, together with a manager’s house, skeet house, squash house, indoor riding ring, and pool.(p61) The club had operated baffled right from the start, after the Wall Street Crash of 1929, club people weren’t effective to maintain their wealth, and membership declined. Cuts were made – horses were offered, Woodlea was closed aside from special events, and also the golf house grew to become the main clubhouse. 5-acre (.008 sq mi) building lots north of Woodlea were offered to people. In 1933, notable amateur golfer Bobby Johnson performed in the course. The club seemed to be not effective during The Second World War and then in 1950 an associate could stay overnight at Woodlea for $5 ($53 in 2019), as well as for less within the golf house. The very first formal dance that year also cost $5 an individual. In 1961, prior to the club’s 50th anniversary, Woodlea was redecorated with increased modern fabrics, warm gold and forest eco-friendly carpets, dropped lighting, and a few decreased ceilings.(p167)
Original towards the house, and occupying its northwest terrace against its service wing, was an Italian garden with vine-clad pergolas on every side, symmetrical gravel pathways,(p164) marble benches, and lengthy stone balustrades,(p165) passing on characteristics of the hanging garden. Your garden was underneath the house’s bottom floor, and it was built from the hillside, occupying part of the slope that falls far below it. The low walls of the home were screened having a row of huge cedars grown around the greatest area of the garden. Your garden created an enormous rectangular space, as well as on the 4 sides from the terrace there have been pergolas heavily overgrown with vines. Within the center would be a pool along with a created stone fountain imported from Rome. Walks and beds of flowers and shrubbery occupied the remainder, visible in the west-facing home windows of the home.
Your garden was destroyed within the 1960s, as was the golf house (in 1967).(p169) Within the garden’s location and replacing using the golf house, a wing was put into the clubhouse, built around the northeast terrace and finished in 1962. Your building holds a professional shop, dining facilities, and locker rooms. The dwelling is built to be spacious and convenient and never be noticed in the grounds below, although from Woodlea, the view of the tar roof and ventilators was noted to become worse compared to prior standing gardens.(pp167-8) The club located the NYNEX Commemorative from 1986 to 1993. In 1989, professional golfer Bob Charles set a present record as he won the tournament. In 2002, the club located the U.S. Women’s Amateur Golf Championship.
In 2014 the nation club expanded and renovated the snack bar building, renovated the locker room building exterior, built a sizable variety of solar power panels on the top from the locker room and dining facility building, and performed other renovations. Replacing the golf house’s location, a swimming pool facility and tennis shop was built in 1968.
The architect of Woodlea is variously mentioned as McKim, Mead & White-colored, and Stanford White-colored, although based on William Mitchell Kendall in the 1920 listing of the firm’s works, he attributes the house’s design to McKim, Mead & White-colored, with W. R. Mead because the supervising architect.(pp153, 161) Mead was rarely involved with architectural design within the partnership, making his style of Woodlea and the other Vanderbilt house, Florham, unusual. He was associated with Shepard, as Mead’s sister was married to Shepard’s brother.(pp36, 231)
Woodlea’s exterior was created within an Italian Renaissance Revival style. A home is stated to possess been modeled after Kimberley Hall in Kimberley, Norfolk. Its classical devices of 18th-century British architecture include urns, pediments, posts, and balusters. The home is another full-blown expression from the American Renaissance.(p162) Woodlea incorporates characteristics from the Beaux-Arts type of architecture – the outside dictates using the inside, with family and guest rooms around the third floor. In the north finish of the home, situated farthest in the primary entrance, as well as a size bigger than most houses, may be the service wing, containing the servant quarters. When compared with all of those other house, this wing has lower ceilings, smaller sized home windows, and fewer exterior trim. In early 1900s, the wing was clad in ivy.(p164)
Woodlea is built of buff-colored pressed Italian brick(p161) with pale limestone trim.(p36) It’s three tales tall, seven bays wide, and most 14 bays deep. The south and west facades are generally symmetrical, even though the house comes with an asymmetrical overall plan. The home has pedimented pavilions and entrance porticos around the west, south, and east window trim composed of stone surrounds, pediments, lintels, and sills classical balusters and quoins. The house’s third story is separated visually with a stone string course and it is capped having a modillioned cornice. From the shallow hipped roof rise brick chimneys which are trimmed and capped with stone. The pavilion pediments have decorative urn-formed elements. The house’s home windows are mainly rectangular, double hung, one-over-one panel style, aside from a sizable triple Palladian window, that has stained glass and it is situated halfway in the house’s primary staircase, illuminating its lower steps. The home has distinctive quoins, pediments, and classical balustrades of pale grey limestone.(p161)
Free airline facade of the home is easily the most ornate, and faces the Hudson River, having a look at the forest from the terrace and west-facing home windows. The curtain wall between your facade’s pavilions includes a semicircular portico, and it is entablature is upheld by Ionic posts, and supports a balustrade. A flight ticket of semicircular steps descends towards the terrace. The forest front is parallel using the east front, which in fact had a porte-cochere, a small entrance, along with a service entrance. The primary entrance reaches the building’s south,(p163) directly contacted through the south drive. The doorway is recessed, having a portico of Ionic posts within the entranceway.(p60)
The home continues to be referred to as “low and distributing, notwithstanding its unusual height”.(p60) It’s between 65,000 and 70,000 square ft (6,000 and 6,500 m2), which makes it among the largest houses within the U.S.(p163) The home has around three miles of wide driveways.(p161)
The home also offers significant interior features, including marble fireplaces, wood paneling, coffered ceilings, door and window architraves, parquet floors, and extensive created wood and plaster detail, mainly within the Adamesque mold. The initial furnishings together were reported in 1895 to possess cost thousands and thousands of dollars, and also to have incorporated rare tapestries, created forest, works of art, and Italian marble.In 1906, the home had 16 bathrooms and 65 rooms, including 20 for servants. The house’s primary door opens right into a square vaulted vestibule, walled throughout with highly polished yellow marble. It leads in to the primary hall, that is paneled towards the ceiling in wood, colored white-colored, the corners and angles highlighted by pilasters, and also the wealthy mahogany doorways encased within monumental frames. The white-colored ceiling is intricately coffered. The hall includes a large hearth of created white-colored marble along with a large table within the room’s center, that was on the large red rug covering the majority of the floor. The primary hall also featured Gobelins and Italian tapestries. The very first floor also offers an enfilade of three rooms: the eco-friendly silk- and cedar plank-paneled family room, the white-colored and gold drawing room, and also the dark mahogany dining area. The 3 rooms have large doorways together to permit hosts to mix rooms for any large event. The combined space includes a span or straight line distance of approximately 150 ft.(p163) A corridor connects the primary hall to 3 rooms it’s recessed home windows, dividing the corridor into bays. The corridor has pilasters and also the same coffered ceiling from the primary hall, and previously have heavy velvet curtains in the window alcoves and entrance towards the hallway the home windows had curtains of delicate salmon silk. The corridor initially displayed silk and velvet tapestries from parts around the globe.
The very first room in the corridor was the family room, having a wainscot, pilasters, cornice, and window and door frames all Spanish cedar plank, along with a mantelpiece imported from your Italian chateau. Walls are paneled in eco-friendly silk, mirroring the rug and furnishings. In the early history, the walls were inlaid with embossed Italian leather. Enter room, sometimes known as the background music room, salon, or parlor was in the center, with paneled walls in ivory white-colored and gold, with gilded moldings and ornaments. You will find highly interlaced panels over the doorways with works of art placed inside them. The mantle dates close to 1700, and it is of mottled crimson and white-colored marble, and it has a built-in mirror above it. The area has highly gilt chandeliers hanging from ornamental reliefs within the otherwise plain ceiling. Furniture was of tapestry and gold, having a light rug and yellow and gold curtains in the home windows and doorways.
The dining area were built with a high wainscot of mahogany, paneled in rectangles, above that is a broad tapestry frieze. The ceiling is beamed with carefully set beams, and also the cornice is mahogany such as the other woodwork. The area is lighted through the cluster of lights put on the wainscot. The house’s kitchen was “the size of many New You are able to apartments”, were built with a counter and wash bowls and enormous rows of glazed closets around other walls. Your kitchen and serving room were built with a refrigerator and were well stocked and outfitted. The breakfast room was eco-friendly and white-colored, with woodwork colored white-colored and walls covered in Earth eco-friendly cloth it’d a wood mantel with facings of mottled white-colored marble, also imported from Italia. Adjoining may be the morning-room, carried out in quartered oak, with walls papered in red stripes of two shades, includes a quartered oak wainscot and white-colored cornice, curtains and furniture are red and gold.
The library is around the right from the hall, taken off another rooms it once held a pool. The walls are lined with tall bookcases that contains rare books the walls were otherwise covered in large square panel-like bits of leather. The area includes a highly coffered ceiling coupled with eco-friendly and brown curtains. The home has bedrooms of numerous sizes, most large, with Mrs. Shepard’s the greatest. Each room has distinct furnishings and from moderate to wealthy decoration. A particular was the Moorish room, furnished within the Moorish style, with mantel and furniture inlaid with mother of gem. The 3rd floor had bedrooms, a children’s suite along with a large playroom.
The house’s room arrangement was planned for comfort and convenience, when compared with typical British mansions, which frequently were constructed with kitchens not even close to the dining area. Woodlea has 140 rooms, that have been designed to not be drafty, with important rooms not very remote. The rooms are over-scaled with regards to the height from the ceilings and size the doorways, with large fireplaces, and also the length and breadth from the stairs towards the house’s second floor.(p163) The staircases have recesses with intricate decorative panels.
The stable was created by McKim, Mead & White-colored and built-in the late 1800s utilizing the same yellow brick employed for the primary residence. The stable is 2 . 5 tales high, 29 bays wide, and 5 bays deep, and contains a gable roof engrossed in asbestos shingles that replaced its original porcelain tile. Around the roof’s ridge sits a shallow monitor, between two taller octangular monitors with louvered ventilating elements and bell-cast copper roofs.
The finish bays from the west (primary) facade are presented in pedimented pavilions, that have recessed brick panels over the impost line, and below it are bricks coursed to resemble rustication. One glazed roundel reaches the center of each tympanum. The pedimented central bay comes with an arched recessed entrance with a set of oversized double wood doorways beneath a fanlight. The arch is flanked with blind roundels over the impost line, with rustication below. The bay’s tympanum is undecorated. The arch impost line continues like a belt course between your pavilions and forms the sills for recessed wood-presented, fixed-sashed, nine-light home windows around the building’s second level. The home windows are divided by Doric pilasters.
Fenestration in the primary facade’s lower level is just narrow wood-presented double-hung glazed embrasures with two-over-two sash. The facades possess a denticulated cornice, repeated inside the pediments and arched pavilion lintels. The stable is made right into a hill, and it has an incomplete basement level with 51 stalls.
The 2-story usable interior space around the bottom floor was initially employed for carriages as well as automobiles, and today can be used being an indoor exercising ring for that horses occupying the stalls below. Within the finish pavilions, there’s a reception desk, tack room, and small apartment made to be occupied through the riding instructor.
Within the 1920s, that old Butler Wright house grew to become the golf house. It had been in the center from the club’s sporting operations, initially holding a professional shop, dining area, bar, and bedrooms.(p61) In 1931, it had been refurbished with increased showers and dressing rooms, an accessory for the locker room to double its space while increasing the lounge space, an enlarged kitchen, a brand new women’s locker room and sitting area, a bigger dining veranda, a specific porch around the northwest corner from the building, along with a new porch around the building’s east side. The club’s first pool was built adjoining the home in 1930, necessitating the making of the showers and dressing rooms.(p10) Your building was destroyed in 1967.(p169)
Both of the nation club’s Route 9 entrances possess a gatehouse. Both of them are small, two tales high, three bays wide, and something bay deep, and were built combined with the house within the 1890s. The gatehouses resemble Woodlea in materials and simplified stylistic detail. Both gatehouses have gable roofs along with a shed-roofed one-story high rear addition. The homes have stone and brick pedimented porticos over their entranceways. The low-level home windows have flat-arched surrounds with keystones the oculi break the cornice lines beneath segmentally arched pediments. The northern gatehouse has a different one-story rear addition along with a small one-vehicle garage. The club’s two tall gateways are constructed with French-imported created stone and ironwork.
The swimming pool house was built-in 1968 and it is brick with wood-presented casement home windows. It’s a divided brick building with locker rooms around the bigger west section along with a refreshment area around the smaller sized east section. Free airline section includes a flat roof, and also the east section includes a shallow hipped roof having a broad overhang. Your building doesn’t lead towards the former historic estate.
The skeet house was built around 1925, and it is a little one-story log building, three bays wide and something bay deep having a gable roof. The inside is rustic, having a small kitchen and something large multi-purpose room. Your building plays a role in the estate’s early twentieth century development.
The 17,000-square-feet (1,600 m2) building, initially named the Logan Riding Ring, was finished in 1929.(p11) Mrs. Thomas F. Logan, an Ardsley resident and person in the Sleepy Hollow Riding Committee, funded the building’s $300,000 expense ($3.83 million in 2019) and supervised its construction. Your building includes a period of 180 ft along with a width of 95 ft. Its exterior is stucco over concrete block your building includes a primary section having a round-arched asbestos-shingled roof, and it is two tales high, five bays wide (95 ft (29 m)), and ten bays deep (180 ft (55 m)).(p13) Your building has narrow metal-presented tripartite casement home windows with brick sills. Top of the, eight-light parts of the home windows open horizontally, and also the lower portions with 16 lights open vertically the central twenty-light sections are fixed. The structure’s bays are divided quietly facades by sloping concrete ground-to-cornice buttresses, paired in the intersections from the side and rear facades. Around 1931, an exhibit ring and corrals were built close to the riding ring.(p13)
The primary (west) facade includes a projecting 2 . 5-story gable roof section that’s three bays wide and 2 deep. Decorative detail on the outside of includes quoins, the James Gibbs-inspired surround around the primary entrance, and also the molded surrounds and keystones from the casement home windows. Within the northwest corner from the intersection between your building’s two sections is really a one-story-high, one-bay-square addition having a narrow metal casement window around the west facade along with a large double entrance for horses around the north. The building’s interior includes a large riding ring that’s available to the rafters, as well as in the gable-roofed section, you will find lockers and altering rooms around the bottom floor along with a multi-purpose room around the second on a single of their walls is really a floor-to-ceiling window permitting look at the ring activity below.
The squash house was built around 1920, finished in 1931,(p14) and it was destroyed between 2011 and 2013. It had been located close to the Logan Riding Ring, around the club’s south entrance road.(p14) It had been two tales high, five bays wide and nine bays deep, and it was stucco-engrossed in a set roof. There have been two entrances around the primary (south) facade, one at walk out and the other around the balcony. The entrances had double wooden doorways, paneled below and glazed above. All the building’s home windows contained wood-presented, paired casement home windows with brick sills. A veranda with Tuscan piers extended the size of the primary facade, interrupted with a two-bay-wide, one-bay-deep projection east from the primary entrance. The building’s interior contained a doubles court, two singles courts, a reception room, locker rooms, showers, along with a spectators’ gallery seating 150.(p14) Over the road where your building was is definitely an outside riding ring enclosed with a rough rail fence. Towards the west from the building’s site, standing alone within the tall grass, is really a 16th-century publish-and-lintel stone element, that was in the center from the stage of the 1,500-seat outside Greek amphitheater which was area of the Shepard estate and it was since dismantled.
The manager’s house was built of brick and stucco around 1920. It’s two tales high, four bays wide, two bays deep, and it has an asymmetrical plan. Your building includes a shallow hip roof with uncovered rafter ends. Its home windows are mainly one-over-one and double-hung with wood trim, with window-sills made from concrete. There’s a 3-story rectangular brick tower set in to the primary (west) facade. The tower is open at the very top beneath a large wood fascia. Your building includes a brick chimney decorated with corbelling its chimney coping and caps are constructed with concrete. Your building has become rented towards the people.
The carriage barn complex predates the Shepards’ possession from the property it had been built around 1875 included in Wright’s original estate. Probably the most prominent component may be the brick carriage house, that was created by McKim, Mead & White-colored.(p161) It consists of brick with granite trim and it is 1 1 / 2 tales high, ten bays wide and three bays deep. It features a steeply pitched slate hip roof with spring eaves and uncovered rafters. In the roof’s ridge sits an octagonal in shape ventilating element having a bell-cast roof.
Around the primary (north) facade, there’s a 2-bay-wide projection having a hip roof and 2 wall dormers. There’s a sizable roof dormer quietly (east) facade which supplies exterior accessibility hayloft. Other fenestration includes small square home windows with fixed sashes close to the eaves on all facades and 4 double-hung home windows, two per level, within the primary facade’s pavilion. Each finish facade has some large double wood carriage doorways. The complex now works as a storage and maintenance facility for that club’s golf carts.
Opposite the carriage barn is yet another building, also of brick however with a minimal hip roof. It’s one story high, one bay deep and five bays wide. You will find three teams of overhead doorways around the primary (south) facade from the building. A higher brick wall encloses the whole complex, and parts of the corner utility structures are an element of the surrounding wall. There’s a little building within the northeast corner from the complex it’s one bay square having a steep hip roof with spring eaves. It’s single round home windows close to the root line, on two facades. The building’s entrance, around the south facade, consists of wood. Your building includes a counterpart over the yard, having a low hip roof, a sizable brick chimney, along with a stone water table and string course it’s overhead doorways around the north facade.
Within the 2011-12 tv program Pan Am, Sleepy Hollow Country Club was the setting for a lot of the series’ third episode. Other media filmed in the country club range from the 2012 show 666 Park Avenue, this year’s-2016 show The Great Wife, this year’s film The Six Spouses of Henry Lefay, the 2006-13 show 30 Rock, this year’s television special Michael J. Fox: Adventures of the Incurable Optimist, this years film The Fugitive Hunter, the background music video of Beyonce’s 2011 song “Best Factor Irrrve Never Had”, the 2015-present Netflix show Daredevil, and also the 2014-present Fox show Gotham. The club also was set for the Biltmore and Ritz hotels within the 2017 Amazon . com Video series Z: The start of Everything. It had been also utilized in season 2 of ABC’s 2015-present show Quantico. The club’s exterior and interior were utilised throughout three seasons of CBS’s 2014-present show Madam Secretary. The development team for that 2017 film The Finest Showman used the club like a base for filming a lot of the show.